Wednesday, October 8, 2008

WFMW-Exercise DVDs & NetFlix


Hi- my name is Beth and I'm an exercise DVD addict! LOL
Seriously, I love using exercise DVDs to workout in my home. I don't belong to a gym-never felt comfortable in around all those people- plus don't want to have to GO somewhere to workout.
So my choice it to have tons of DVDs to choose from here at home. But wait, what if you buy a DVD and end up hating it? Well, that's where Netflix comes in very handy! Just get a DVD through them and try it out- you can do it once or 20 times - and then decide if it's worth buying.
Some of my favorites are the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs by Leslie Sansone. Her indoor walking workouts are so much more than ordinary walking. And don't get intimidated when you see a DVD that has 4 or even 5 miles on it- they are broken down into 1 mile segments-so you can do as many or as few as you want. Or if you are like me-you can repeat the same mile several times.
I also like the Crunch series DVDs. They have yoga, pilates, Cardio Salsa, Dance Party, scuplting and much more. These are great workouts and are typcially about 30 minutes to 50 minutes.
And lastly I also enjoy the 10 Minute Solution series. They also have a wide variety including Fat Blasting Dance Mix, Kickbox Bootcamp, Rapid Results Pilates and many more. Don't let the title fool you, they aren't just 10 min workouts. They usually have several segments that are 10 minutes each. Choose to do one or all 5-depending on the DVD.
And lastly some of my all time favorites- The Biggest Loser workouts- whether it's the original workout, volume 2 workout or the latest series- Cardio Max and Power Sculpt -you're guaranteed an excellent workout.
With so many choices on Netflix you really can't lose- or can you! Isn't that the goal!! Give them a try- it's well worth it!!

Check out more WFMW tips over at Rocks in My Dryer!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey thanks, that sounds great, I may give that a try!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! What a GREAT idea! We have Netflix and I'd never thought about the exercise possibilities that affords (though I'm WELL aware of the here-let-me-hold-down-the-couch opportunities)
Thanks for the tip!

Unknown said...

I never thought of that. Great idea!

I need to get back with the workout DVDs. They really do keep me motivated.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I've been meaning to comment on this since last Wednesday. ;) (I kept it open in a tab until I could get back to it.) :P

I have a ton of exercise tapes and dvds, too. I can't afford a gym membership and I'm not sure I'd have time anyway! :P

I'll have to check out some of the ones you've mentioned. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I never thought about using my Netflix subscription that way. Great idea! Does the "Walk Away the Pounds" DVD need a treadmill???