Wednesday, July 23, 2008

WFMW-Audiobooks


I LOVE to read but it seems that lately I don't have as much time to sit and read like I used to.


Or, I end up "reading" several different books at the same time. It gets a little crazy sometimes.


My answer to this problem??- AUDIO BOOKS!!! Love them!


I've found that our local library has a great selection of books. I've listened to a wide variety. Some examples have been- Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult, Losing It: And Gaining My Life Back One Pound at a Time by Valarie Bertinelle, and The Choice by Nicolas Sparks.


I download the CD's to iTunes and then onto my iPhone. Then I can listen whenever I want. I love listening when I run in the mornings, or I'll listen while doing housework, or I'll connect my iPhone through the aux. function in the car and listen on the road. It's great! When I don't have the time to sit and read I can still listen!


So now I can listen to one book (Currently The Testament by John Grisham) and read another (Teen-Proofing: Fostering Responsible Decision Making in Your Teenager by John Rosemond- I will write more on this book later- it's a great book to prepare yourself for dealing with teens)!!!


Head on over to Rocks in My Dryer to find more WFMW ideas!!









2 comments:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I'm a big fan of audio books, too. I use them for when I'm busy or in the car, but sometimes I also use them at night -- it's nice to have someone "read to me." :)

Unknown said...

Beth--audible.com is having a big sale right now (they are calling it their "paperback sale). Books that are normally $20 are either $6 or $8. I bought a few. It ends tomorrow!