Saturday, August 16, 2008

Simple Saturday

Ok, let me start off by saying that if my Grandmommy was still alive I believe she'd have a hissy fit if she read this post. You see she was the type of woman that always seemed perfectly dressed. Her bed was always made- I swear sometimes I wasn't even sure she and Grand-daddy even slept in it. We weren't allowed to pour milk out of the container into our cereal bowl- she had to pour it into a pitcher first, then pour it into our cereal. I can still remember one time when we were visiting- she actually rolled each individual piece of lunchmeat before placing it on a platter so we could make sandwiches. And goodness knows she -NEVER- served anything out of the pot!!!

So, anyway- it is now 6:38 P.M. and I am still in my pajamas! Yes, that is right. I have not changed clothes at all today. I got up and after reading the paper and eating my breakfast I decided I'd clean out the boys dressers and closests. After I finished that task- I promptly came downstairs and laid down on the floor and took a 2 hour nap. Then I proceeded to lay in the recliner for most of the afternoon and finish reading The Shack for the second time.

See why I say - Simple Saturday- I simply did pretty much nothing- and enjoyed it!

Now, I am getting ready to do something productive- I'm gonna go run/walk a couple of miles and then go swimming. So at least I can say I wasn't a total slug today!!!

3 comments:

Smelling Coffee said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful, sabbath-style rest for you today! I stayed home in my house pjs today too! :-)

Carolina Mama said...

Very fun! Nice blog and thanks for stopping by mine as well.

Shannon said...

Thanks for coming by my blog. Your header is adorable.... "living in the land of testosterone" over here too!