Sunday, July 20, 2008

At the Hop- instead of BlogHer


So, evidently I am not the only blogger out in this big ol blogging world that didn't get to go to Blogher. That's ok, I had plenty of other things to do. But before I tell you about those- let me introduce myself to the new comers.

I'm Beth and as you can probably tell from my blog title I the momma of some serious sports fellas. My two boys (11 and almost 10) both play sports. Right now we are taking a break from travel baseball- it's been a wonderful break but guess where we've spent some of that free time? At baseball games of course.

They also play basketball and this fall the youngest is going to try is hand at wrestling (oh my stars I'm sure I'll be writing a lot about that). Oh and the oldest is going into Middle School this year- more fodder for blog posts!!! Yikes!

I love living here in the South! Been here all my life and I don't plan on moving away. My goodness I might end up some place that doesn't serve SWEET tea- and let me tell you that getting unsweet tea and adding your own sugar just ain't gonna cut it!!!!

I love to read, exercise and spend time with my family! This weekend the four of us took off for a trip to Baltimore to - yep you guessed it- watch a baseball game! Go Orioles!!!

I've just started heading up a Reading Group at our church so if you have any suggestions for some good Christian reading I'd love your input!! We just finished reading The Yada Yada Prayer Group (I've read the whole series already but it's one of those you can read several times and still love)!

Well, I guess that's really it for now. I know I'm coming in under the gun and posting at the end of Robin's party- but at least I was able to visit for a while! Hope you've enjoyed your stay here- please come back soon. I promise to keep the blog more up to date! That's one of my BIG goals this week- to start posting on a more regular basis again!!

Thanks Robin for coming up with a super fun time for those of us who couldn't make the trip!!
Photobucket




1 comment:

Forgetfulone said...

Nice to meet you! Great post. If you have time, my party post is here: http://forgetfulone.blogspot.com/2008/07/bloghop-08-party-post-and-giveaway.html

I have a 12 year old boy who's really into sports, but not wrestling, yet. And I think I'm the only southerner who doesn't drink sweet tea, except maybe my mom, which is probably why I don't. My dad loved it.