Thursday, March 20, 2008

Teen-Proofing:Fostering Responsible Decision Making in Your Teenager



This past Saturday I had the privilege of hearing Dr. John Rosemond speak at our church. What a wonderful message he shared. His topics of the day were Bringing Out the Best in Your Child and Parenting Your Strong Willed Child. Both were excellent and I came away with many new ideas and methods to use in parenting both of my children. BTW- he told us EVERYONE is strong willed-some just more so than others!!



Anyway- I purchased his book- Teen-Proofing- Fostering Responsible Decision Making in Your Teenager and his CD: Been There Done That-The Teenage Years Made Simple (Sorta)- because I have an 11 yr old and a 9 yr old and they are gonna be teenagers soon (Please Pray for me-hee hee).



But guess what- I not only bought one copy of each- I bought TWO copies of each and I'm going to give one set away! So, if you'd like to win a copy of the book and the CD (btw- the book is autographed) leave a comment and I'll randomly draw a winner on April 1st- no fooling!



You might also be interested in one of his other books: Parenting by the Book: Biblical Wisdom for Raising Your Child. This is Rosemond's first book based completely on Biblical Principles. I am definitely getting a copy of this book!!













9 comments:

Rmomof3 said...

Wow! Even though my kids are little - it doesn'thurt to be prepared! Will you put my name on the list? THANKS!

MB said...

beth- this would sooo fit for me, seeing how i am officially the mother of a teenager!!! Uh- oh!!!

Unknown said...

I would love to get a jump on this as well.

Anonymous said...

I would love a book like this. I am a mother of two teen boys!! One of them is really testing me! Please put my name down!!
Hugs Dana...

Anonymous said...

I'd love to be added to your contest. I have two teenagers right now! My username at Dotti's is ob534, in case I win! :)
It's nice of you to offer this contest! Janice.

snipparoo said...

Add me to your drawing- Lisa
My username at Dotti's is Snipparoo

Anonymous said...

Sure Could use this I have 1 teenager and one coming right up on it. I also have one a ways behind but I will be prepared! You ae so kind! My dotti's name is mishell9940

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth. I love John Rosemond. He is in our daily paper every week. I have a 12 yr old DD, and a 14 yr old DS and a 18 yr old DD. Definately dealing with the teenage years! My DWLZ name is terrip63.

Anonymous said...

I'm right...there...and used to read Rosemond in the paper (we don't get it here).

And, OOoooo....a post birthday present if I win!!!!

:)