Friday, October 5, 2007

Just rattling off the top of my head!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Well, today is one of those days where I'm really not sure what I'm gonna write about. My brain feels like it's going in a hundred different directions and at a hundred miles an hour. Believe me it's much better that the 2 miles an hour is was going before. What's the change? Not really sure. I did go off Cymbalta which was making me incredibly sleepy (especially in the afternoons) and now I'm on Welbutrin but this is only day 2 so I can't imagine that the new medicine is giving me all this energy. Well, whatever it is I'll take it!!

So, I posted here about a couple of books that I started reading and then felt compelled to put them down and not continue reading. Well, it happened again last night with a book by one of my favorite authors. Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult. It is about a little girl that begins seeing and talking with God. No problem with that part-but when she develops nail holes in her hands and a pierced side I decided it was just not right. So that one is going back to the library un-finished.

Thank you to everyone that chimed in on how to clean my shower doors and especially for those that offered help on how to get my son tested for dyslexia. Guess what? Yesterday I called the local University and we are going to have a graduate counseling student test him (under supervision of professionals)- we'll have to pay for it but only about 1/2 what the psychologist wanted. Then yesterday afternoon I received a letter from his school that they are going to begin testing. I was so surprised and relieved. We've decided to go ahead with both testings to see what is discovered. I am anxious but excited about finding out what we can do to help him. He's a very bright kid. Makes great grades and is not a behavior problem (well not in school anyway-lol). He just struggles so in some areas and I want to help him in the best and most efficient way!!

See- I told you today was just a lot of rattling off the top of my head. Sorry if I've taken up too much of your time. It's just one of those days where the thoughts are flying!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning about the book. I just finished Plain Truth and My Sister's Keeper and liked them both (although there was some 'off' language in the last one). I just stumbled across your blog. What made you think your son needed to be tested for dyslexia?? I'm very curious.