Friday, September 21, 2007

Recipes

A couple of people asked if I'd share some of the recipes that I've mentioned in other posts so here goes.



Low-Fat Chicken and Dumplings

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
2 cans fat free chicken broth
1 can 99% fat free Cream of Chicken Soup
Anne's Dumplings- they are Fat Free
Salt and Pepper
Poultry Seasoning



Boil chicken breasts in the 2 cans of broth- add salt, pepper and poultry seasoning to taste. (I like a lot of pepper in mine). I like to let them cook for about 3 hours. Remove chicken from broth and cut chicken into small pieces. Set Chicken aside. Bring broth back to a boil- add dumplings -maybe 8 at a time. You need to continually stir them or they will stick together or stick to the bottom of the pan. Continue adding dumplings until you have as many as you want. Next time I make them I am going to break them up because the kids liked them smaller. Once you bring the dumplings back to a full boil add the chicken back to the pot and add the can of cream of chicken soup. Mix well and then let boil- still stirring- for a few minutes. Then remove from heat and let sit for about 20 min.


VERY YUMMY!!!


Pizza Quesadillas

Y'all, I'm almost embarrassed at how easy this is.


For each quesadilla you need:


two tortillas
mozzerella cheese
turkey pepperoni
(Ragu sauce- if you want to add it- we did for one but it was a bit soggy- haven't tried it again yet).


Place mozz cheese on one tortilla. Add pepperoni and then more cheese. Place on preheated skillet. Top with second tortilla. I like to press them together with another skillet- seems to help them stick together better. I just smush them together with it.


No comments: