Thursday, August 23, 2007

Oh, I love me some ME time!!

Well, now that the boys are back in school I have lots of time to myself- but I don't really count that as ME time. I'm usually running errands, doing laundry or other oh so fun household jobs like cleaning toilets-oh joy!!! No, for me, ME time is just being alone with nothing else really to do-or doing what I WANT to do not what I need to do.

Yesterday after a busy day of major house cleaning I had a little ME time. I was sort of doing something that I had to do but I made the best of it. I was sitting in line at school to pick up the boys- but instead of just sitting there I planned ahead- I had my big ol cup of sweet tea from Bojangles- a whooping 32 oz. for only 77 cents- a bowl of ripe watermelon and a book (I'm currently reading The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling - I just love this series) and had the air conditioning blasting! Now you might ask why in the world I needed all of that just to sit in line to pick the kiddos up- well I get in line at 1:30 and they don't get out until 2:05- it's necessary or they end up standing outside waiting for 45 min. while I sit in line and it's too darn hot for that!! Now aren't I a good Momma! LOL

So today I'm gonna have some more ME time- I'm going to get my hair cut and then I'm gonna have a manicure AND a pedicure- why? Because I love me some ME time!!!

What do you do for ME time???

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good plan. I've also learned to appreciate and seize "me-time" even if it's taking Terry's car to get the oil changed or something. If I have a nice beverage and a book, I'm happy anywhere--ALONE.

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Yes, I'm afraid I'm thinking I'm going to have all this "time" once the kids are in school, but it really means more chores tend to fall to me!

Your kids get out at 2:05? I thought we had it good getting out at 2:45!

Thanks for coming by the other day! I always enjoy hearing from you, although you don't need an introduction. Can't wait to see your new design!

Michele said...

For me time I love to go shopping or go out with friends. Just noticed you live in SC. We go to my Aunt's in Sumter often.