Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Heating Things up at Tales from the Scales

I've been visiting Tales from the Scale and it's really be an inspiration. I'm doing Weight Watchers- well sort of following the program and I'm always looking for recipes that all of my family will eat. Well, over at TFTS they're doing a little challenge where they wanted folks to find low fat recipes, try them out and then post the results- given the meal forks for ratings- 1 fork is ok and 4 forks is out of this world fantastic.

So here's the recipe that I made- I modified the Sweet and Sour Pork Chop recipe that Laura had posted over at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

Sweet and Sour Pork Chops-I did them on the Grill:

5 boneless pork chops
1 can chunk pineapple - drain about 1/4 or so of the juice
1 cup BBQ sauce
garlic powder
onion powder (I didn't have an onion to use)
salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients together (except the pork chops) in a small mixing bowl. Dip the pork chops into the mixture and place in a lightly greased casserole dish (yes I used the casserole dish on the grill- we have a Holland Grill and this worked great). Pour remaining mixture over pork chops- marinate in refrigerator for about 30 minutes. I place the casserole dish on the grill and left it there for about 30 min. or so.

It turned out great. Everyone loved it- except for my really picky 9 yr old. I served it with a salad, green beans and rice. I'll give it 3 forks!!


They've decided to wait until next week to post Mr. Linky for all the recipes. Feel free to try this one and and check back next week because I'll be posting another one to put up at TFTS.

No comments: