Friday, August 17, 2007

Mammogram



Yep, this is exactly how I felt yesterday! Yowzie! Man, I don't have much to put into that darn machine and they have to pull skin down from my forehead and up from my toes to get enough to squeeze in there! Yikes! But it was over quickly and the lady even said I was a model patient because I have a great body type. What the heck does that mean??? Then she said I was "easy to position"- what ever!!

Ok, so no joking! Have you had your mammogram? I had one at 35 for my baseline and then had to go back for an ultrasound because there were some cysts. All was ok, but it didn't get scare me enough into doing my monthly self checks. Do you do them? I'm now at the age where I start getting mammograms every year- yep I'm 40 now! And I really want to start checking monthly- don't you? Check back soon because I want to start a "buddy check" so we lady bloggers can remind each other to do our monthly self check. We'll all sign up and agree to check on a particular day of the month and we'll post about it- just check in to say you did it. I'm hoping to start the buddy check post within the next week to get things going and start the checks early next month!!! So start thinking about it- don't you want to take care of yourself???

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I asked my doctor when I was 35 if I needed a baseline, and he said no! Just asking, I said, "I mean, it's not like I want one, but should I get one?"

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

My doctor told me this year that I have 6 more years until I have to get one. Whew! That's not a test I'm looking forward to. Of course, that same year, I'll have to start colonoscopies. Boy, 40 is just going to be loads of fun!

Anonymous said...

Here is someone who has already started a monthly self exam club - http://holymama.typepad.com/holymama/2007/01/the_club_17_and.html

PDub said...

I had my baseline at 33 and now have to get them squeezed every year. I'm getting used to it - but not that much!

I don't even want to think about a colonoscopy...