Friday, July 27, 2007

And then there were Two!

Well, for most of the summer I had my two boys here plus two college baseball players living here. Then about 1/2 way into the season we ended up with two more players living here. That 6 smelly, sweating males living in one house (plus add Dear Hubby in there-but he's not smelly and sweaty most of the time). All six of the guys shared a bathroom- eeewww! You can imagine how nasty that was. I did venture in there a few times because I just couldn't stand it any longer.

Yesterday the college kids all left. It's nice not having to try to be quiet until 1 in the afternoon because they are still sleeping, and it's nice not hearing them come in at 1 in the morning- but overall we're gonna miss them.

Now the fun starts. I get to start cleaning the house. They did a pretty good job keeping the house clean while we were on vacation (they actually even vacuumed) but still-you can imagine!! So now I'm going through and really cleaning one room at a time. Yesterday I just stripped the sheets and did some major Fabreezing in their rooms. Same today- gotta let then air out for a while.

The other day I was switching some of their laundry from the washer to the dryer. I noticed some leaves in the washer- they'd been fishing the day before. Then I found WORMS in the dryer (Rocks in my Dryer-how about that one?!! LOL) Double EEEWWWW!! Luckily they were plastic worms! Plus there were always soda bottles (or Pop bottles as they called them) all over with the ol' so lovely tobacco spit in them!!! At least on of the boys did make his bed everyday! Pretty much we've told our boys- see what they did- here's what not to do if you Ever go stay with a host family for the summer.

Honestly it really wasn't as bad as I've just made it sound- there were lots of good times and they really were great kids. My two got to be bat boys for the team and they loved it! And yes, we'll do it again next year (this was our third summer hosting a player)!!!

2 comments:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Beth, I really admire that you open your home to these guys. Not sure if I could do the same -- I would miss my "quiet alone time" too much! I'm glad you have your space back and hope the Febreze does the trick. :)

PDub said...

Beth - how do you do it?!! I too feel that I could not be so open to 2 young college age boys in my home, but you do it without batting an eye.

Good luck with the "airing out."