Sunday, January 12, 2014

My Word, Verses and Song for 2014

Have you heard about My One Word- Change Your Life With Just One Word?  It is such a great book. The author challenges you to choose one word to focus on for an entire year.  I had a difficult time deciding what my word should be for 2014.  In the past I've chosen a word but I haven't really focused on it. In fact, I've pretty much forgotten about it within a month or so. I have a history of starting out with a bang and then falling behind or dropping out all together. I'm really not sure why I do this. Perhaps it's because I just don't feel like I have a real purpose for what I'm doing. Wait, what was that word?  PURPOSE!  Yes, that will be my word for the year.  No, I really didn't just have an epiphany and decide on that word. But man, it's a great word for me.  The dictionary defines the word this way:

pur·pose
ˈpərpəs/
noun
  1. 1.
    the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists.
    "the purpose of the meeting is to appoint a trustee"
    synonyms:motivemotivation, grounds, causeoccasionreasonpointbasis,justification


I want to have a purpose for what I'm doing. I believe that if I focus on that purpose I will be more likely to continue and follow through.  

What's my purpose you ask?  Well, I'll let my verses for 2014 answer that question.





I want this to be my purpose in ALL that I do. When I don't want to complete a task- I will remind myself I'm doing this for the Lord. What I'm tempted to do the task halfheartedly- I will remind myself to do it as if I'm doing it for the Lord. Would I only do half the job if I was doing it for Him?  I sure hope not!!

The song Do Everything by Steven Curtis Chapman is just another reminder that Everything I do should be done for HIM!


Do you have a Word, Verse or Song for 2014? If so, I'd love for you to share it below!!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

For me the song "If you could see what I see" by Geoff Moore and the Distance has really struck me. It may be corny but I hear God saying those words to me. If I could see what God sees instead of looking in the mirror and putting myself down.

McGregor vs Mayweather fight stream said...

Biggest boxing match in 26 August 2017 Mayweather McGregor Fight streaming

The boxing fight is expected to break all home box office records. Showtime PPV has won exclusive broadcasting rights in the USA. So if you live in the United States, that’s where you can stream the fight.