Wednesday, May 20, 2009

WFMW-Removing Hair Build Up






Man oh man! My hair has been feeling really horrible lately. I know that it's because of all the junk I put in it. I color it myself and then I always use mousse and sometime hair putty and then hair spray too. It's horrible what I put on my hair.


For whatever reason I felt that I needed to use all of that stuff. And my hair was seriously paying for it. So I did a little search on good ol' Google and found a very cheap way to get rid of all the build up in my hair and let me tell you it worked like a charm.

At first I wasn't really sure if I wanted to try it or not because I was afraid my head would stink but was surprised when it didn't.

So, here is what I did.

Get hair wet as usual. Place about 2 tablespoons of baking soda in the palm of your hand and then wet it enough to make a paste. Massage it into your hair- scrubbing really well. Next- using a small squirt bottle-rinse with 1/2 Apple Cider Vinegar and 1/2 warm water. Yes, that's why I was so worried about the smell. But it goes away quickly-I promise. Then rinse with water as you normally would. Do not shampoo or use conditioner.

Let me tell you it worked. My hair felt so clean and smooth. I did it two days in a row- dried my hair as usual with my hair dryer but used no products at all on it. Smooth and silky and CLEAN!!!
Give it a try and let me know how it works for you!!
Want to find other tips! Head on over to We Are That Family- there are tons!!!

5 comments:

Jerralea said...

I love all these natural ideas! Are you planning on going back to using hair products? Is this just something to do every once in awhile to get rid of build up?

Anonymous said...

Ree at the Pioneer Woman posted about something similar a few weeks ago. She didn't mention the baking soda but that would be interesting to try for my daughter who has really bad build up. What she suggested was putting in a couple/few drops of essential oil into the vinegar/water mix to help tone down the vinegar smell.

The vinegar is helping but I think that I'll try the baking soda paste next time.

Thanks, Elaine H

Carolina Mama said...

Great tip! :) And love your The Noticer review! Wasn't it amazing.

sian said...

My hair has been feeling terrible lately-I am going to try this and I'm going over to the other site you recommended as well-thanks for the post and love your site!

Susan said...

I love this, I to use way to much product. So for sure I will try this. Thank you!