Saturday, November 29, 2008

Billy, The Untold Story


Billy, The Untold Story is a book about two evangelists. One I have known about almost my entire life and one I had never heard of before reading the book.

Billy Graham was a household name in my home in NC. Though I never saw him preach in person, I watched his crusades on television many times and was repeatedly overwhelmed by his love of the Lord and his enthusiasm in sharing that love with others.

Charles Templeton was a name I had never heard of before receiving this book to read. Reading about his rise to fame as an evangelist and his eventual downward spiral into the deep depths of disbelief was both enlightening and unsettling.

Reading about the friendship of these two men was interesting but my interest was most peaked by having the opportunity to learn about how Billy Graham got his start in his religious career. The Billy Graham I had been accustomed to, was the beloved silver haired gentlemen on television. It was a blessing to gain knowledge about his true “early years”. It was inspiring to see Mr. Graham as a “real man” and to see the struggles that he faced-not only in his rising career but in his faith. Reading of the torment and anguish that Mr. Graham suffered as he struggled with his faith in one particular section of the book was life changing for me.

I would recommend this book to anyone interested in reading a faith building book.

You can check out more about the book here.

No comments: