Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Works for me Wednesday-Keeping kids occupied at the doctors office!






Well, we all probably know from experience that waiting in the itty bitty room at the doctors office is no fun- especially when you are waiting with kids. My kids are a little older now so usually we just all take books and read while we wait but here are a few things I used to do to entertain them and help keep the nerves at bay while they waited:





Play I Spy- There are usually posters or pictures on the wall and all that equipment in the room! Lots of things to choose from. Ok, so Johnny Depp really doesn't have anything to do with this post but I just love him as Jack Sparrow!



Play Brain Quest- these are great to use not only in the doctors office but on trips too. You can get them in many grade levels and in all sorts of subjects! Shoot we even had one doctor that would come in and play along with us!







Color or draw- I used to always take a small box of crayons when we went to the doctor. The kids LOVED coloring on the white paper that covered the table! We'd have drawing contests, play tic-tac-toe and lots of other stuff.










Not a ton of ideas but maybe a few that will make your next visit a little less stressful!





Check out lots of other Works for me Wednesday ideas here!

2 comments:

Blessed Beyond a doubt.... said...

We play I spy all the time with colors with my 3 year old.

http://tonsofsons.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

These are great! I'm always looking for pass-the-time activities. I keep an activity bag for restaurants in the car, and I'll be sure to add some of your ideas to it! Thanks for sharing. Come visit me at FamilyBriefs.com sometime!