Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Works for Me: Fresh Smelling Washer



Do you have a front load washer? If so, you may have noticed that it sometimes gets a mildewy smell. I do run the "clean" cycle about once a month to help with that smell, and I always leave the washer open after doing a load of laundry- but it often still has that not so nice smell. We've started throwing a fabric sheet in the washer after a load and it really does help!

Want to find out what works for others? Check it out on Shannon's site

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband sells appliances and we to have a front loader. Running vinegar through a cycle will take care of the smell. It is what the manufactors suggest you do. Also, you don't need the suggested amount of detergent. It takes a little and that will cut down on the smell also.

Nikki said...

We have a stinky front-loader washer too! Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a try.

Emily said...

Thank you so much for the tip! I have the worst smelling front loader and I couldn't figure out what to do about it, now I know. Thank you thank you thank you!

Unknown said...

It doesn't smell here, but I do use the vinegar treatment as a routine from the moment I buy a new machine.

After washing I always dry inside the rubber ring with a drying cloth.

Anonymous said...

Smelly Washer Cleaner is a completely organic powder that is used to clear fungus from any clothes washer. It works by disallowing cohesive properties between organic and synthetic compounds. The cleaner is used by adding a small amount (1 tablespoon normally suffices) to a hot setting in your washer and allowing it to complete the cycle.
In order to remove fungus spores from towels and clothing use just one teaspoon of cleaner instead of detergent. Rinse and dry as normal.
This product is super simple and works great!
I found it at www.smellywasher.com